Labelling not only ensures the compliance to FSSAI’s legal requirements but it directly connects a food business operator with the consumer. The food business operators who are involved in the manufacturing and selling of the packaged food products are required to follow the regulatory norms as per FSS (Packaging & Labelling) Regulations, 2011.
Food Safety Helpline is organizing a free webinar which is scheduled for July 4, 2014. Join us to know more about Food Labelling with our experts; Dr. Pawan Vats (Vice President – Food Safety) & Dr. Saurabh Arora (Managing Director at Auriga Research) for an interactive Q&A session.
Date & Time: July 4, 2014 at 3 pm (IST)
Duration: 45 mins.
Our Experts will discuss the following on food labelling:
- General Requirements of Food Labelling
- Declaration of the List of Ingredients
- Declaration regarding Food Additives
- Mentioning of Nutritional Facts
- Declaration of Veg & Non-Veg
- Lot/Code/Batch Identification
- Manner of stating the Best Before and Use by date
- Guidelines on Imported Food Products
- Area of Principal Display Panel
- Exemptions from Food Labelling
A brief profile of Dr. Pawan Vats
Dr. Pawan Vats has been a resource person for various programs like – the FSSAI training of Food Safety Officers, Designated Officers and Adjudicating Officers and to supervise the work of Food Safety Officers. He was actively involved with the food laws, reviewing & drafting of Delhi PFA rules, Food Safety Act & rules and other similar activities.
He holds Ph.D in Chemistry and is a post-graduate in Foods & Drugs Analysis. Dr. Pawan Vats has worked as a senior officer in the department of food safety, Govt of NCT of Delhi. He has delivered many lectures on various subjects like – Provisions of Food Safety and Standards Act, rules & regulations, Procedure of sampling, analysis, adjudication & prosecution, Food traceability and recall, surveillance, sampling, Licensing & Registration. Dr. Vats got a certification in Third Party Auditor-BRC Global Standard for Food Safety. He is a resource person for PGDFSQM for IGNOU.
He has also addressed the industry bodies; All India Food Processors Association, Hotel and Restaurant Association of India, All India Rice Exporters Association, All India Dairy Association.
A brief profile of Dr. Saurabh Arora
- PhD in Pharmaceutics
- Founder: FoodSafetyHelpline.Com
- Executive Director: Arbro Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Managing Director: Auriga Research Ltd.
- Leading the services business of Arbro and Auriga for over 9 Yrs
- Managing 4 labs and team of over 250 people