This is a video recording of the webinar on ‘Regulations for Nutraceuticals, Health Supplements and Other Food Products for which compliance begins on 1st January 2018’. The web-conference was held on April 14, 2017.
Our experts discussed the following:
- What are the provisions related to vitamins, minerals and amino acids?
- What about the use of plants and botanicals in nutraceuticals? Can any other ingredients besides those listed in the nutraceutical regulations be used?
- What kinds of foods are probiotics and prebiotics? Are they medicines or food?
- What are the food additives, colours and flavours that can be used in these foods?
- In what form can these be manufactured and why does the food manufacturer have to follow the Indian Pharmacopeia?
- What role does compliance of recommended daily allowance play in these foods?
- What is a purity criterion and what is acceptable?
- Why is food analysis required for nutraceutical products?
Brief Profile of our experts
Dr. Pawan Vats
- Vice President (Food Safety) at Auriga Research Pvt Ltd
- Ph. D in Chemistry, Post Graduate in Foods & Drugs Analysis
- Previously with Department of Food Safety, Government of NCT of Delhi
- Involved in the Training of Food Safety Officers, Designated Officers, Adjudicating Officers, PGDFSQM for IGNOU
- Reviewed Food Safety Act & Rules, Delhi PFA rules
- Lectures on Food Safety and Standards Act, Rules & Regulations with different industry bodies
- Third Party Auditor-BRC Global Standards for Food Safety
Dr. Saurabh Arora
- Ph. D in Pharmaceutics
- Founder: FoodSafetyHelpline.com
- Managing Director: Auriga Research Pvt Ltd
- Director: Arbro Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Leading the services business of Arbro and Auriga for over 9 Years
- Managing 5 food testing labs and a team of over 300+ people
Hope you will find this informative and useful.
We will welcome your queries and suggestions.