In view of the rising global trends and the enforcement of science based standards in all food related activities, the Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006 was formed.
All food business operators have to get their businesses registered under the FSS Act, 2006 and February 4, 2014 is said to be the last final date of registration under the new act. The new act empowers FBOs for a self compliance regulatory regime through food safety management systems and it also ensures the consumer safety through international food safety norms.
FoodSafetyHelpline organized a webinar where the basic requirements & implications of the Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006 were discussed in a question & answer format by the experts. Various points were discussed in the session and some of the important points are:
* What is Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006?
* How is it different from earlier Acts?
* Why you need to register or to obtain a License under FSS Act/Rules & Regulations?
* What are the General & Specific Requirements of Food Labelling?
* What kind of Penalties on non-compliance of the provisions of FSS Act/Rules & Regulations?
* Why there is a need for testing of food materials?
* What is the role of NABL accredited laboratories?
We will welcome your queries & suggestions.