Contaminants like Lead as well as the additive MSG have been dominating the news headlines in recent weeks and not without reason. If a popular brand has had to recall its products for quality & labelling issues then there is obviously some gap. While the company needs to introspect about where it faltered, the authorities have to think about how they can ensure that the food industry is not bypassing regulations. It is equally important that all those operating in the food industry have maximum information on the subject of contaminations and other harmful substances in food. This will give FBOs a clear picture about how they can keep their food products completely safe for human consumption.
Since the need of the hour is to spread the maximum awareness, we at FoodSafetyHelpline have brought for you another interactive web-conference on the topic ‘Is Lead the only unsafe Contaminant in Food?’ We understand your concerns and therefore we will address all those issues that can help you to ensure that your food products are completely safe for consumers.
Do join us for a session where our experts will enlighten you about all the various contaminants and harmful substances that can make foods unsafe. You will have a better understanding of the FSSAI requirements for keeping food products safe and free from contamination.
Through this free Webinar, you can clarify your doubts. You will be able to understand how contaminants reach food products during the manufacturing process. It will help you to identify problem areas, right from procurement to distribution, so that you can take the necessary steps that will prevent contaminants from reaching your food products at each step of the manufacturing process.
Date: 26th June, 2015
Time: 4:00 pm
Duration: 1 Hour
Our Experts for the Session
Dr. Pawan Vats
Dr. Saurabh Arora
What does FSSAI say about the following kinds of contaminants?
- Lead & Other Metal Contaminants in Food Products
- Crop Contaminants in Food Products
- Naturally Occurring Toxic Substances in Food Products
- Pesticide Residues in Food Products
- Antibiotics in Food Products
Our experts will also discuss the requirements for the analysis of the above and what techniques are involved in testing these harmful substances.
Brief Profile of our experts
Dr. Pawan Vats
- Vice President (Food Safety) at Auriga Research Ltd
- Ph.D in Chemistry, Post Graduate in Foods & Drugs Analysis
- Previously with Department of Food Safety, Government of NCT of Delhi
- Training of Food Safety Officers, Designated Officers, Adjudicating Officers, PGDFSQM for IGNOU
- Review of Food Safety Act & rules, Delhi PFA rules
- Food Safety and Standards Act, Rules & Regulations with different industry bodies
- Third Party Auditor-BRC Global Standard for Food Safety
Dr. Saurabh Arora
- Ph.D in Pharmaceutics
- Founder: FoodSafetyHelpline.Com
- Director: Auriga Research Ltd
- Director: Arbro Pharmaceuticals Ltd (Arbro Analytical Division being one of the largest food testing laboratories in India)
- Leading the services business of Arbro and Auriga for over 9 Years
- Managing 4 food testing labs and a team of over 250 people
Click the below given link to register for webinar :