The recently concluded 4th Jaipur Food Tech 2017’ organized by the Government of India Ministry of MSME, MSME Development Institute was received well by one and all. The National Level Event cum Vendor Development Programme on Processed Food & Allied Products exhibition saw participation from several industry stakeholders. During the 4th Jaipur Food Tech, as always, various players participated in the exhibition and numerous stalls had displays that were related to ‘Processed Food and Allied Industries’ as part of the Jaipur Food Tech.
Arbro Analytical Division, a contract research and testing organization along with their online platform Food Safety Helpline participated in the three day Jaipur Food Tech 2017 from 1st to 3rd December 2017. Arbro and Food Safety Helpline exhibited in stall No. 75 and 76 at the Food Tech. Arbro has been providing testing and analysis support to the Food and Hospitality industry and to the Food Processing Industry for more than three decades now. At the Jaipur Food Tech 2017, Arbro exhibited their competencies in
- Food Testing and Analysis Services
- Stability Studies / Shelf Life Studies
- Regulatory Consultancy
- Food Safety Management Systems
- Food Safety Audits and FSMS implementation
- Onsite Sampling & Testing
- Label Review
- Laboratory Training through online and hand on site modes on analytical techniques
On the other hand, Food Safety Helpline provides the latest news on food regulations and information on food safety practices that the food business community can implement in their facilities. Food Safety Helpline encourages the food business community to adopt best food safety practices through regular testing of the food products and ingredients, to ensure compliance with FSSAI norms and global food safety standards.
The concurrent technical session on “Recent Trends & Technological Innovations in Processed Food Sector” was organized on 2nd Dec.2017 at 11 AM. Approximately 100 existing and prospective entrepreneur from processed food sector participated in this session. Some of the topics covered at the presentation during the seminar were
- Recent Trends & Technological Innovations in Processed Food and Allied
- Emerging technologies in dairy, bakery, fast food, snacks etc.
- Agriculture based MSME setup – A forward integration of supply chain.
- Promotional schemes of Govt. departments in food & allied sector.
- Skill development & job opportunity in food industry etc.
Mr. Manish Ranjan, Associate Vice President – Corporate of Arbro’s sister concern Auriga Research Pvt Ltd gave a talk on Importance & Procedure of FSSAI Registration for MSME- Food Business Operators (FBOs) at the 4th Jaipur Food Tech 2017. The points discussed were the
- Importance of FSSAI Registration and Licencing
- What are the common offenses and penalties?
- FSSAI Demonstration (Safe Food Practices)
- FOOD SAFETY DISPLAY BOARDS
- Capacity Building-Food Safety Training and Certification- FoSTaC
- Process for Registration and Licensing
The annual mega event featured 3-day exhibition of processed food products, machinery and support services and the concurrent Business/ Technical Sessions for processed food manufacturers, suppliers, services providers, Academia from the food sector, Restaurant & Hotel’s owners and for potential entrepreneurs. The Jaipur Food Tech also provided ample learning experience for those in the food processing and allied industries that could lead to better ‘vendor development of the industry’.