FoodSafetyHelpline.Com is organizing a Webinar on “Regulations for Licensing & Registration of Food Businesses” in compliance to FSS Act, 2006 which is scheduled for January 17, 2014.
As per FSS Act, 2006, no food business activity shall be carried out without a registration. Every food business operator has to either apply for registration or to obtain a license in order to run a food business. The last date of registration & licensing is ending on February 4, 2014 and there is no further extension granted this time.
The food business operators, who were already licensed or registered under the previous existed food laws are supposed to re-register or to obtain a license under the new Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006
Join us for this Webcast with our panel of experts; Dr. Pawan Vats (Vice President – Food Safety) & Dr. Saurabh Arora (Managing Director at Auriga Research) for an interactive Q&A session.
Date & Time: January 17, 2014 at 3 pm IST
Duration: 1 hr
Who can get the benefit of the program:
Manufacturing/Processing Units, Milk Collection/Chilling Units, Slaughter Houses, FBOs involved with Packaging & Labelling, Importers, Storage/Warehouse/Cold Storage Units, Retail Traders, Wholesale Traders, Distributors/Suppliers, Transporters of Food, Catering Service Providers, Dhabas, Clubs, Hotels, Restaurants and others who are dealing with the food business activities.
Dr. Pawan Vats will take up the following important questions:
- Who all are covered under the purview of Registration and what is the procedure?
- Who all are covered under the purview of License and what is the procedure?
- What is the Documentation for registration and licensing process?
- What is the Fee structure for the grant/renewal of license?
- What all General Hygienic and Sanitary practices to be followed by food business operators?
- What is product approval, when does a FBO need to apply for the same?
- Is Product Approval required for the amended food item?
- What are the Conditions of the license?
- Where you can go for the registration?
- Who falls under the State Licensing Authority?
- Who falls under the Central Licensing Authority?
- Are there different guidelines for Importers and Export Oriented Units or they have been covered under FSS Act/Rules & Regulations?
- Status of Proprietary Foods and Nutraceuticals as per the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006.
- What are the Implications on non-compliance to the FSS Act/Rules & Regulations?
And at last, a quick Q&A session with the audience.
A brief profile of Dr. Pawan Vats
Dr. Pawan Vats has been a resource person for various programs like – the FSSAI training of Food Safety Officers, Designated Officers and Adjudicating Officers besides supervising the work of Food Safety Officers. He has been actively involved in food laws, review & drafting of Delhi PFA rules, Food Safety Act & rules and allied activities.
He holds Ph.D in Chemistry and is a post-graduate in Foods & Drugs Analysis. Dr. Pawan Vats has worked as a senior officer in the department of food safety, Govt of NCT of Delhi. He has delivered many lectures on various subjects like – Provisions of Food Safety and Standards Act, rules & regulations, Procedure of sampling, analysis, adjudication & prosecution, Food traceability and recall, surveillance, sampling, Licensing & Registration. He has also addressed the industry bodies; All India Food Processors Association, Hotel and Restaurant Association of India, All India Rice Exporters Association, All India Dairy Association.
Click the below link to register for the webinar: