As per the existing FSSAI Regulations, the Food Business Operators can manufacture, sale, distribute & import food products and food ingredients for which the standards have been defined. However, under the proposed Food Safety and Standards (Approval for Non-Specified Food and Food Ingredients) Regulations, 2016, certain category of foods and food ingredients would require a prior FSSAI approval.
Food Safety Helpline is organizing a FREE WEBINAR to discuss the proposed regulations for non-standardized food products & ingredients. Do join us for the interactive question and answer session to know more about the new requirements for approval of foods and food ingredients with our experts.
Through the free Webinar you can clarify all your doubts. You will have an opportunity to better understand the newly proposed FSSAI product approval requirements and can further write to FSSAI with your comments & suggestions. You will also be better prepared to apply for approval well in time in-order to manufacture, distribute, sell, store and import the new food or food ingredients.
Date: 25th November, 2016
Time: 3:00 pm
Duration: 1 Hour
Our Experts for the Session
- Dr. Pawan Vats
- Dr. Saurabh Arora
- What types of foods and food ingredients will require FSSAI approval according to the proposed approval of non-specified foods and food ingredients regulation?
- What is the procedure for the grant of approval?
- Is there a requirement for any documents, data or clarifications?
- What is the next step after grant of approval?
- At what stage will the FBO have to submit analysis certificates?
- What are the parameters for which the FBO has to submit the analysis report?
- What steps can an FBO take if the application for approval is rejected?
- Can the FSSAI suspend the approval granted and under what circumstances can the approval be suspended?
- Is there a format for application and what should it contain?
Brief Profile of our experts
Dr. Pawan Vats
- Vice President (Food Safety) at Auriga Research Pvt. Ltd
- Ph.D in Chemistry, Post Graduate in Foods & Drugs Analysis
- Previously with Department of Food Safety, Government of NCT of Delhi
- Involved in the Training of Food Safety Officers, Designated Officers, Adjudicating Officers, PGDFSQM for IGNOU
- Reviewed Food Safety Act & Rules, Delhi PFA rules
- Lectures on Food Safety and Standards Act, Rules & Regulations with different industry bodies
- Third Party Auditor-BRC Global Standards for Food Safety
Dr. Saurabh Arora
- Ph.D in Pharmaceutics
- Founder: FoodSafetyHelpline.com
- Managing Director: Auriga Research Pvt. Ltd
- Director: Arbro Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd
- Leading the services business of Arbro and Auriga for over 9 Years
- Managing 5 food testing labs and a team of over 300+ people