- Where the surface area of the package is not more than 100 square centimeters, the label of such package shall be exempted from the requirements of list of ingredients, Lot Number or Batch Number or Code Number, nutritional information and instructions for use, but these information shall be given on the wholesale packages or multi piece packages, as the case may be.
- the ‘date of manufacture’ or ‘best before date’ or ‘expiry date’ may not be required to be mentioned on the package having surface area of less than 30 square centimeters but these information shall be given on the wholesale packages or multipiece packages, as the case may be;
- in case of liquid products marketed in bottles, if such bottle is intended to be reused for refilling, the requirement of list of ingredients shall be exempted, but the nutritional information specified in regulation 2.2.2 (4) these regulations shall be given on the label.
Provided that in case of such glass bottles manufactured after March 19, 2009, the list of ingredients and nutritional information shall be given on the bottle.
- in case of food with shelf-life of not more than seven days, the ‘date of manufacture’ may not be required to be mentioned on the label of packaged food articles, but the ‘use by date’ shall be mentioned on the label by the manufacturer or packer
- In case of wholesale packages the particulars regarding list of ingredients. Date of manufacture/ packing, best before, expiry date labelling of irradiated food and , vegetarian logo/non vegetarian logo, may not be specified.