We are introducing here a free e-course on food labelling which would help guide all food business operators. The objective here is to provide information about the food labeling standards and the implications involved on non-adherence to the guidelines.
The contents of the material would be an intensive approach to facilitate the food labeling guidelines issued under FSSAI. As per the guidelines of FSSAI, a product has to be properly labeled before it is proposed for sale in the market. There are various compliance that need to be met before a product hits the market. FSSAI is very stringent on the regulatory norms on labeling requirements and everyone involved like manufacturers who also sell their own products, retail chains and food catering services etc will have to comply with food labeling standards.
This course is specifically designed for all manufacturers/sellers of the products and to make them aware about the need for the labeling standards. The course study consists of 15 modules providing useful information about the successful implementation of the essentials of food safety norms as per latest guidelines by FSSAI.
For your convenience, the course is divided into 15 modules, each module has been devised in such a way that it will only take few minutes from your busy schedule to help you understand the critical & important aspects of food labelling.
The Course covers the following modules:
- Introduction to Food Labelling requirements in India
- General Requirements of Food Labelling applicable to all products
- Name & trade of the Food product and the List of Ingredients
- Food labelling requirements for declaring Nutritional Information
- Declaration of Veg/Non veg
- Food labelling requirements for declaring Food Additives
- Food labelling requirements – Date of Manufacture or Packing and Best Before or Use By Date
- Food labelling requirements – Declaration of Net Quantity
- Food labelling requirements – Identification of Lot/Code/Batch number
- Food labelling requirements – “Instructions for use”
- Specific Requirements and Manner of Labelling of Infant Milk Substitute and Infant Foods
- Food labelling requirements for edible oils & fats, permitted food colors and irradiated food
- Specific food labelling Requirements of other food products
- Specific restrictions of food labelling on Product labels and Advertisement
- Exemptions from Labelling Requirements
We hope you will find this course informative & convenient to read. Happy reading…