Through a letter dated 25 February 2020 the FSSAI has issued directions and provided the SOP and Checklist for issuance of Repurpose Used Cooking Oil (RUCO) stickers to Food Business Operators (FBOs).
On 30 January 2019 the FSSAI had issued directions wherein it had conveyed to Food Business Operators, whose consumption of edible oils for frying is more than 50 litres per day, that they needed to maintain the usage records and dispose Used Cooking Oil (UCO) to agencies authorised by the FSSAI or by the Commissioner of Food safety of States/UTs from time to time.
The FSSAI has now launched the RUCO sticker and has developed an SOP and Checklist (given below) for issue of RUCO sticker to Food Business Operators and Food Service Establishments who are RUCO compliant.
- The sticker will be awarded to FBOs and Food Service Establishments by respective Food Safety Departments of States/UTs by verifying the requirements given in the checklist.
- After the RUCO Sticker has been awarded by the States/UTs to FBOs, the stickers are required to be displayed by FBOs at prominent places in their Food Premises/ Establishments.
- Food Business Operators are required to apply for RUCO compliant award as per procedures stipulated under the SOP.
The FSSAI has also requested the Food Safety Commissioners of all States/UTs to popularize this initiative under their jurisdiction and issue RUCO stickers as per procedure and requirements stipulated under the SOP and Checklist and ensure compliance.
REPURPOSE USED COOKING OIL
SOP for States for Issuance of RUCO Sticker
To recognize RUCO compliant Food Business Operators (FBOs), a RUCO sticker has been launched. This sticker shall be displayed by FB0s outside their restaurants and food service establishments to create consumer awareness and generate demand. The SOP for States for issuance of the sticker to the FBOs is as follows:
- The FBO has to submit a written request to the respective State FDA to receive the RUCO sticker. (Performa is placed at Annexure I below)
- State FDA shall then inspect the premises for RUCO compliance based on the checklist as provided in Annexure II.
Proforma for the request to issue RUCO Sticker
(For the use of FBOs)
I/We………………………………having FSSAI licence No. is/are in the business of frying of foods with Edible Vegetable Oils. I/We are desirous to have RUCO sticker for our licensed premises. I/We fulfil the requirements for the receiving the RUCO sticker.
It is requested that the RUCO sticker be issued to me/us.
(Name & signature of FM)
Mobile No. and Email Address
Food Safety Department (Name of State)
Checklist for Issuance of RUCO Sticker
The State has to verify all the above-mentioned parameters as per the following requirements-
- No 10-16 on the checklist above are mandatory.
- The FBO can be awarded a RUCO compliant sticker only if the response to S. No 10, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16 is Yes and the response to S. No 11 is No.
- Non-compliance to any of the mandatory question would lead to non-issuance of RUCO Sticker.
Leave a Reply