Through directions dated 28 August, 2019 the FSSAI has extended the date for the operationalisation of the Food Safety and Standards (Licencing and Registration of Food Businesses) Amendment Regulation 2018.
The FSSAI had made amendments to the Food Safety and Standards (Licensing and Registration of Food Business) Regulations 2011 and had framed the 2018 amendment Regulations. These regulations had been approved by the Food Authority in a meeting held on 21 September 2017. These amended regulations contain amendments in respect of the following sections
- Section I Licensing and Registration of E-Commerce food business operators
- Section II: Documents to be enclosed for a new application for a license to State/Central Licensing Authority for restaurant
- Section III: Conditions of license for a restaurant
- Section IV: Part-II of Schedule 4 relating to general requirements on Hygienic and sanitary practices to be followed by all food business operators applying for a license
- Section V:Part IV of Schedule 4 relating to establishing a small slaughterhouse
- Section VI: Part V of Schedule 4 relating to good hygienic and manufacturing practices to be followed by licensed food business operators engaged in catering or food service operation
These regulations were operationalized with effect from 15 February 2018 and then subsequently re-operationalised with effect from 16 August 2018 and once again on 28 February 2019.
The Food Safety and Standards (Licencing and Registration of Food Business) Regulations 2011 are still under comprehensive revision. Since these revisions are likely to get completed within six months’time, so the FSSAI has decided to re-operationalize the Food Safety and Standards (Licensing and Registration of Food Business) Amendment Regulations 2018 with effect from 16 August 2019.
The amendments as framed in the Food Safety and Standards (Licensing and Registration of Food Business) Regulations 2018 had been given earlier and may be read at https://foodsafetyhelpline.com/fssai-operationalizes-licensing-registration-food-businesses-amendment-regulation/