As of 7 July 2020, the FSSAI has framed the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for reactivation of rejected applications and also change in user profile including new login credentials, email ID and Mobile number etc. These SOPs are given as Annexure-I and Annexure-II below
Standard Operating Procedure for reactivation of rejected applications
- Cases of rejection / cancellation of applications for License / Registration to be considered:
- Applications rejected automatically by the system due to non-furnishing of information / documents by FBO within stipulated time of 30 days.
- Applications rejected by DO, in case of non-receipt of requisite documents / information as per FSS Regulations from the FBO after repetitive queries.
- Applications rejected by FBO inadvertently while processing the applications.
- Applications rejected due to technical glitch while processing the applications either by DO or FBO.
- Central License: FBOs shall apply to concerned Regional Office (RO) of FSSAI for the reactivation of license application within 6 months from the date of rejection of application.
- Director, RO shall examine the request on the basis of merits of the case and send his / her recommendation to FSSAI HQ (RCD) at [email protected] within 30 clays of receipt of such request from the FBO.
- On receipt of recommendation from the RO, RCD shall examine the case.
- The competent authority to decide such case shall be Executive Director, RCD.
- The approval of the case shall be referred to by DCD to IT Division and IT division shall re-activate the application.
- In exceptional and urgent cases, FBO may approach FSSAI HQ directly These cases will be decided on the merit of case with the approval of CEO.
- State License / Registration: All FBOs shall apply with concerned State Food Safety Commissioner within 6 months from the date of rejection of application for License / Registration
- Commissioner Food Safety of the State, in case of State License or DO in case Registration shall examine the request on the basis of merit of the case and send his / her recommendation to RC Division at [email protected] within 30 days from the receipt of such request from the FBOs.
- Recommendation of Commissioner for license / DO for registration will be sent to IT Division for reactivation of the application
- On receipt of such request from RCD, IT Division shall re-activate the application and communicate the CFS / DO under intimation to RCD.
Standard Operating Procedure for change in User Profile including login credentials, email ID and Mobile No. etc.
- The FBOs intending to change their user profile are required to submit a representation in this regard to Joint Director, Regulatory Compliance Division, 4th Floor, FDA Bhawan, New Delhi by post or email at [email protected]
- Application should be on the letter head of the firm / company duly signed by authorized person in the firm.
- In case, FBOs want new login credentials, they have to create new login ID & Password and the same should be indicated in their application so that IT team can validate and map the licenses / registrations in new login credentials.
- The following documents should be enclosed with the application:
- A copy of photo identity card such as Aadhar Card, Voter ID card etc.
- A copy of existing license (s) / registration certificate (s) / application (s) in Form A or B as applicable.
The requests shall be considered by RCD and sent to IT division. IT division will verify the credentials of the firm and update the User ID profile and communicate to applicant under intimation to RCD.