FSSAI has issued directions dated 19 March 2021 for further re-operationalisation of the Food Safety and Standards (Licencing and Registration of Food Businesses) Amendment Regulation 2020.
The FSSAI had proposed amendments to the Food Safety and Standards (Licensing and Registration of Food Businesses) Regulation, 2011 and had framed the 2018 amendment Regulations. These regulations had been approved by the Food Authority in a meeting held on 21 September 2017. These regulations contain amendments in respect of the following sections
- Section I Licensing and Registration of E-Commerce food business operators
- Section II: Documents to be enclosed for a new application for a license to State/Central Licensing Authority for restaurant
- Section III: Conditions of license for a restaurant
- Section IV: Part-II of Schedule 4 relating to general requirements on Hygienic and sanitary practices to be followed by all food business operators applying for a license
- Section V: Part IV of Schedule 4 relating to establishing a small slaughter house
- Section VI: Part V of Schedule 4 relating to good hygienic and manufacturing practices to be followed by licensed food business operators engaged in catering or food service operations.
The amendment regulations were initially operationalized with effect from 15 February 2018 and then subsequently re-operationalised with effect from 16 August 2018 and once again on 28 February 2019, on 28 August 2019 and 16 February 2020 and 16 August 2020
The draft regulations were notified dated 17 November 2020 and the comments received thereon are under review and consideration. As the finalisation of these regulations are likely to take some more time, so it has been decided by FSSAI to re-operationalise the Food Safety and Standards (Licensing and Registration of Food Businesses) Amendment Regulations further, with effect from 28 February 2021.
The amendments as framed in the Food Safety and Standards (Licensing and Registration of Food Businesses) Amendment Regulations may be accessed from the FSSAI website FSSAI.GOV.IN
Source : FSSAI