Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) threw light on direction under Section 16 (5) of Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 regarding re-operationalisation of Food Safety and Standards (Licensing and Registration of Food Business) Amendment Regulations, 2021.
In exercise of the powers conferred under section 92 of the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 (34 of 2006), FSSAI has framed the Food Safety and Standards (Licensing and Registration of Food Business) Amendment Regulations, 2018 and the same were approved by the Food Authority in its meeting held on 21″ September, 2017. These regulations contain amendments in respect of the following Sections:
- Section-1: Licensing and Registration of E-Commerce food business operators.
- Section-11: Documents to be enclosed for new application for license to State/Central Licensing Authority for restaurant.
- Section- III: Conditions or license for restaurant.
- Section-IV: Part-1 I of Schedule 4 relating to general requirements on Hygienic and sanitary practices to be followed by all food business operators applying for license.
- Section-V: Part lV of Schedule 4 relating to establishing a small slaughterhouse.
- Section-VI: Part V of Schedule 4 relating to good hygienic and manufacturing practices to be followed by licensed food business operators engaged in catering or food service operations.
To read further: