Through a notification dated 8 July 2019, the FSSAI has issued directions regarding non-requirement of FSSAI Registration of last mile delivery persons, Direct Selling Agents (DSA) individual food units/ entity owned by single/ main entity.
This issue of last mile delivery persons and Direct Selling Agents has been examined by the FSSAI. These FBOs generally work under s single main entity to ensure last mile delivery of food products. They are not directly involved in manufacturing, sale, the supply of food articles on their own or under their own brand name. Moreover, there a network of Food Vending Machines, water wending machines, Food ATMs and food carts owned by a single entity.
After examining the matter, the FSSAI has decided that the following entities will not be required to take the FSSAI registration subject to certain conditions given below
- Last mile delivery persons
- Direct Selling Agents (DSA)
- Food Vending Machines, Water Vending Machines, Food ATMs (owned by a single entity)
- Branded food Carts (owned by a single entity)
The above shall be subject to the following conditions
- The annual turnover of the Individual entity/ unit does not exceed Rs. 12 Lakhs.
- The main entity shall obtain FSSAI License based on their eligibility
- The main entity shall be responsible for Regulatory compliance by the individual entities/ units
- The main entity shall maintain data base/record of all such individual entities/units
- Main entity shall issue Photo ID Cards, bearing unique identity number and main entity/ unit FSSAI License number
- The individual FBO entity/ unit shall display the name and License number of the main entity
- Main entity must ensure that the individual unit is conversant with basic sanitary and hygiene conditions to be followed. They main entity must also facilitate their training under the Food Safety Training Certification (FoSTaC)
- Main entity shall also maintain records of Annual medical Check-up of personnel working for such entities to ensure that no such persons are suffering from contagious disease.
- The main entity shall communicate in writing to such entities, its decision to undertake responsibility for such compliance.