According to the information shared by FSSAI on 23 December 2020, they will launch the Food Safety Compliance System (FoSCoS) for Indian Railways with effect from 1 January 2021.
- On 1 November 2020, the FSSAI had launched a new, upgraded version of the online food licensing and registration system FoSCoS pan India except for Indian Railways. The FSSAI has therefore, planned the launch of FoSCoS for the Indian Railways on 1 January 2021 and to enable the same, FLRS shall be closed with effect from 29 December 2020 at 10:00 pm.
- Resource materials such as User Manuals, Video Tutorials, Flyer of Key Features, Guidance Document and Presentations for training have been made available under user manual section of the Homepage i.e., https://foscos.fssai.gov.in/user-manual. FAQs, Migration strategy adopted, SOPs and other key orders have been made available on the Homepage itself. Further users of the system may acquaint themselves with the features of FoSCoS through demo version https://fcstraining.fssai.gov.in.
- In view of the above it is hereby advised that users of the system of Indian Railways may complete their pending tasks related to FSSAI licensing and registration on FLRS by 29 December 2020 by 10::00 pm. FoSCoS will remain operational in all the States and UTs where it is already operational.
- The FSSAI has further informed that as per decision of the CAC and Food Authority, it has been decided to integrate online payment gateway Razorpay with FoSCoS for licensing and registrations. The option of cash payment will no longer be available for licenses. The status of online payment shall be available on FoSCoS itself.
- Designated Officers, Food Safety Officers may be instructed to provide assistance to food businesses in resolving their queries and help to ensure the smooth functioning of FoSCoS. They may also conduct training and outreach activities to all stakeholders to publicise the FoSCoS. Further users may also contact FSSAI helpline 1800112100 or email at [email protected]
Source : FSSAI