The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has prescribed the testing fees which will be uniformly applicable for both domestic and import samples drawn by Food Safety officers , authorized officers etc. and tested by laboratories which are notified by FSSAI under section 43 of Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006. Notably GST on these rates shall be applicable according to the Central Government while considering the amendments from time to time. The revised testing fees will come into effect from 1st December 2021. The approval of the Food Authority will be mandatory.
According to sub- clause (3) of clause 2.3.1 of Food Safety and Standards (Laboratory and Sample Analysis) Regulation, 2011 as amended from time to time. Primarily, superseding order no 10/QA/Lab Costing /FSSAI/2016 dated 10. 06. 2016 and 07. 07. 2017 of the Food Safety and Standards of India.
Table 1: Testing Fee for Dairy Products & Analogues and Fats, Oils & Fat Emulsions
- In case of fortified milk, additional Rs. 2000 may be charged for Vit. A and Vit. D together.
- In case of infant foods(milk cereal based complementary food, processed cereal based complementary food), Total Aflatoxin and Aflatoxin B1 is also to be considered. So, additional Rs. 1000 may be added.
- In case of fats, oils and fat emulsions, Rs. 4500 for general parameters also includes fatty acid profiling and hexane residue
- In case of oils(Cotton seed oil, Groundnut oil, Mustard oil, Coconut, Soyabean oil), the testing fee of Rs. 3000 for pesticide residues can be added , wherever applicable as per FSSR
Table 2: Testing Fee for Fruit &Vegetable products and Cereal & Cereal products
- In case of Apple juice or apple juice used as an ingredients in other beverages, additional Rs.1000 may be added for Patulin
- In case of stone fruit juices or canned stone fruit, additional Rs.500 may be added for analysis of Hydrocyanic acid
- In case of Food containing mushrooms, additional Rs.500 may be added for analysis of Agaric acid
- In case of fortified atta and maida, additional Rs. 2000 may be added when fortified with iron, folic acid and Vit.B12. In addition, Rs. 2000 may be added if also fortified with zinc, Vit A, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, and Pyridoxine, if declared on level.
- In some flours (maida, Paushtik maida, Besan, Pearl barley, Whole meal barley powder, Soy flour, etc.), Food grains and pulses and cereal products additional Rs. 1500 for all additives (as mentioned on the label) can be added, wherever applicable
- In case of solvent extracted flours (soy flour, sesame flour, coconut flour, groundnut flour &cotton seed flour, Rs. 1500 may be added for microbiological parameters (Total bacterial count, coliform count, Salmonella).
- In case of Formulated supplement for children, additional Rs. 4000 for all vitamins, Rs. 1500 for all minerals and Rs. 1500 for all additives (as mentioned on the label) may be. The total testing fee of formulated supplement for children – Rs. 18000
Table 3: Testing Fee for Meat & Meat products, Fish & Fish products and Sweet & Confectionary
- In case of Fish and fish product, additional Rs.2000 may be charged for biotoxins, wherever
applicable as per FSSR
Table 4: Testing Fee for sweetening agents including honey, Salt, spices, condiments & related products and Beverages, (Other than Dairy and Fruits & Vegetables based)
- In case of Packaged drinking water, Mineral water etc., additional Rs.5000 for radioactivity testing (Alpha activity & beta activity)
- In case of Carbonated water and non carbonated water based beverages, additional Rs. 1000 for microbiological parameters (total plate count, coliform count and yeast & mould count)
- In case of Beer, microbiological parameters are to be tested; additional Rs.2500 may be added to the testing fee for all microbiological parameters.
Table 5: Testing Fee for Other Food Products, Proprietary foods, Nutraceuticals and Organic foods
Note *The products included are Baking Powder, Catechu, Gelatin, Silver leaf, Pan Masala, carob powder, Dietary Fibre, Special dietary food with low sodium content. Rs. 6000 includes general parameters, heavy metal, Methyl mercury, NOTS and Additives.
Do you test Bakery product for animal body fat? If so testing fee?
Dr. Saurabh Arora says
Hi Manus, we do test for animal fat you can get the quote by contacting us using the form at https://aurigaresearch.com/contact-us/