- 1. If, upon consideration of the evidence produced before the Adjudicating Officer, the Adjudicating Officer is satisfied that the person or persons or any of them against whom the inquiry has been conducted, has become liable to penalty and/or any suitable administrative action under any of the sections referred to in Rule 3.1.1. (5) he may, by order in writing, impose such penalty as he thinks fit, in accordance with the provisions of the relevant section or sections of the Act.
- 2. If however, the Adjudicating Officer is satisfied that the person or persons or any of them against whom the inquiry has been conducted for the contravention of provisions of the Act, has or have not been proved beyond doubt, the Adjudicating Officer shall dismiss the case.
- 3. Every order made under Rule 3.1.2. (1) shall specify the provisions of the Act or the rules or the regulations in respect of which the offence has taken place and shall contain brief reasons for such decision. While imposing monetary penalty, the Adjudicating Officer shall have due regard to the provisions of section 49 of the Act. Such penalty will be remitted in the form of a crossed demand draft drawn on a nationalized bank in
favour of “Adjudicating Officer,District” payable at the station where the Adjudicating officer is located
- 4. Every such order shall be dated and signed by the Adjudicating Officer.
- 5. The Adjudicating Officer shall send a copy of the order made under Rule 3.1.2 to the person or persons against whom the inquiry was conducted and the Food Safety Officer who has filed the application for adjudication.
- 6. A notice or an order issued under these rules shall be served on the person or the persons against whom the adjudication proceedings were held or inquiry has been conducted, in any of the following manner:
- by delivering or tendering it to that person or his duly authorized representative or
- by sending it to the person by registered post with acknowledgement due to the address of his place of residence or his last known place of residence or the place where he carried on or last carried on, business or personally works or last worked for gain or
- if it cannot be served in the manner specified under Rule 3.1.2 (6) (i) or (ii) by affixing it on the outer door or some other conspicuous part of the premises in which that person resides or is known to have last resided or carried on business or personally works or has worked for gain and written report thereof should be witnessed by two persons.