Quantity of sample to be sent to the Food Analyst
- The quantity of sample of food to be sent to the Food Analyst /Director for analysis shall be as specified in the table below.
Sr. No Article of Food Approximate Quantity to be supplied 1. Milk 500 ml. 2. Sterilized Milk / UHT Milk 500 ml. 3. Malai / Dahi 200 gms. 4. Yoghurt / Sweetened Dahi 500 gms.. 5. Chhana / Paneer / Khoya / Shrikhand 250 gms. 6. Cheese/Cheese spread 200 gms. 7. Evaporated Milk/Condensed Milk 200 gms. 8. Ice-Cream/Softy/Kulfi/Icecandy/Icelolly 300 gms. 9. Milk Powder/Skimmed Milk Powder 250 gms. 10. Infant Food/Weaning Food 500 gms. 11. Malt Food/Malted Milk Food 300 gms. 12. Butter/Butter Oil/Ghee/Margarine/ Cream/Bakery Shortening 200 gms. 13. Vanaspati, Edible Oils/Fats 400 gms. 14. Carbonated Water 3 litre 15. Baking Powder 100 gms. 16. Arrow root/Sago 250 gms. 17. Corn flakes/Macaroni Products/Corn Flour/Custard Powder 200 gms. 18. Spices, Condiments and Mixed Masala (Whole) 500 gms. 19. Spices, Condiments and Mixed Masala (Powder) 500 gms. 20. Nutmeg/Mace 250 gms. 21. Asafoetida 100 gms. 22. Compounded Asafoetida 150 gms. 23. Saffron 20 gms. 24. Gur/jaggery, Icing Sugar, Honey, Synthetic Syrup, Bura 250 gms. 25. Cane Sugar/Refined Sugar/Cube Sugar, Dextrose, Misri/Dried Glucose Syrup. 200 gms. 26. Artificial Sweetener 100 gm. 27. Fruit Juice/Fruit Drink/Fruit Squash 1 ltr. 28. Tomato Sauce/Ketch up/Tomato Paste, Jam/Jelly/Marmalade/Tomato 300 gms. Puree/Vegetable Sauce 29. Non Fruit Jellies 200 gms. 30. Pickles and Chutneys 250 gms. 31. Oilseeds / Nuts /Dry Fruits 250 gms. 32. Tea/Roasted Coffee/Roasted Chicory 500 gms. 33. Instant Tea/Instant Coffee/Instant Coffee-Chicory Mixture 100 gms. 34. Sugar Confectionery/Chewing Gum/Bubble Gum 200 gms. 35. Chocolates 200 gms. 36. Edible Salt 200 gms. 37. Iodised Salt/Iron Fortified Salt 200 gms. 38. Food Grains and Pulses (Whole and Split) 1 kg. 39. Atta/Maida/Suji/Besan/Other Milled Product/Paushtik Fortified Atta/Maida 500 gms. 40. Biscuits and Rusks 200 gms. 41. Bread/Cakes/Pasties 250 gms. 42. Gelatin 150 gms. 43. Catechu 150 gms. 44. Vinegar/Synthetic Vinegar 300 gms. 45. Food Colour 25 gms. 46. Food colour preparation (Solid/Liquid) 25 gm. Solid/100 ml liquid 47. Natural Mineral Water/Packaged Drinking Water 4000ml in three minimum original sealed packs. 48. Silver Leafs 2 gm. 49 Prepared Food 500 gms. 50. Proprietary Food, (Non Standardised Foods) 500 gms. 51. Canned Foods 6 sealed cans 52. Food not specified 500 gms
- After test or analysis, the certificate thereof shall be supplied forthwith to the sender in Form B.
- The fees payable in respect of such a certificate shall be (Rs. 1000) per sample of food analysed as prescribed by the Food Authority.
- Certificates issued under these regulations by the Laboratory shall be signed by the Director.
- The preservative used in the case of samples of any milk (including toned, separated and skimmed milk), standardized milk chhana, skimmed milk chhana, cream, ice-candy, dahi, khoa or khoa based and Paneer based sweets, such as Kalakand and Burfi, Chutney and prepared foods, gur prepared coffee and tea in liquid or semi- liquid form shall be the liquid commonly known as “formalin”, that is to say, liquid containing about 40 per cent of formaldehyde in aqueous solution in the proportion of 0.1 ml. (two drops) for 25 ml. or 25 grams.
Provided that in case of samples of ice-cream and mixed ice-cream, the preservative used shall be liquid commonly known as formalin, that is to say, a liquid containing about 40 percent of formaldehyde in aqueous solution in the proportion of 0.6 ml. for 100 ml. or 100 gms.
Provided further that in case of the unspecified products, the quantity drawn shall be determined in consultation with the Food Analyst