- Thermally Processed Fruit Pulp / Puree And Sweetened Fruit Pulp / Puree other than Mango (Canned, Bottled, Flexible Pack And / Or Aseptically Packed) means unfermented but fermentable product intended for direct consumption obtained from edible portion of sound, ripe fruit of any suitable kind & variety by sieving the prepared fruits, where as, the puree is obtained by finely dividing the pulp by a finisher or other mechanical means and processed by heat in an appropriate manner, before or after being sealed in a container, so as to prevent spoilage.
- It may contain one or more nutritive sweeteners in amounts not exceeding 50 gm/Kg. However, the product shall be described as sweetened pulp/puree if the amount of nutritive sweeteners is in excess of 15 gm. /kg.
- The product may contain food additives permitted in these regulations including Appendix A. The product shall conform to the microbiological requirements given in Appendix B. It shall meet the following requirements:-
- Total Soluble Solids (m/m) exclusive of added sugar – Not less than 6.0 percent
- Acidity as Citric Acid – Not less than 0.3 percent
The container shall be filled with the product and shall occupy not less than 90.0 percent of the water capacity of the container, when packed in the rigid containers. The water capacity of the container is the volume of distilled water at 20ºC which the sealed container is capable of holding when completely filled.