FSSAI has issued guidelines and the the following documents are required by the Food Business Operators who are applying for the central or state license:
- Application Form-B duly completed and signed (in duplicate) by the proprietor/partner or the authorized signatory.
- Blueprint or Layout Plan of the processing unit in complete dimension with an allocated area dedicated for operations activities.
- List of directors with their complete address and contact details
- Name and list of equipments and machinery along with the installed capacity (in case of manufacturing/processing units)
- Photo ID and address proof issued by the concerned Govt authority (Optional)
- List of food category to be manufactured (For manufacturers only)
- Authority letter with the name and letter of the responsible person nominated by the manufacturer along with the alternative responsible person
- Analysis report (Chemical & Bacteriological) of the water to be used as an ingredient in food product, through a Govt recognized laboratory on food testing.
- Proof of possession of the premises (Could be a sale deed, rent agreement, electricity bill etc)
- Partnership Deed/affidavit/memorandum & articles of association conferring constitution of the firm.
- Copy of certificate obtained under the Co-operative acts (In case of co-operatives only)
- NOC from the manufacturer in case of re-labellers
- Food Safety Management System plan or certificate (If any)
- Source of milk or procurement plan for milk and milk products processing units (Including details of the milk collection centres)
- Details on source of raw material for meat and meat processing plants.
- Pesticide residues report of water in case of manufacturer of packaged drinking water, mineral Water, carbonated water from a govt recognized lab.
- Recall plan wherever applicable with details on whom the product is distributed (Optional)
- NOCs from Municipality or the local body and from the State Pollution Control Board except in case the unit is established in the notified industrial area for a particular food business (Optional)
Documents to be provided in case of renewal of the license or for transfer from the prevalent food laws to FSS Act, 2006
If you are doing a food business under previous food laws and transferring to Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006 or if you are looking to renew your license under the new food safety act then the following have to be followed:
* In case if there is any change in documents or the information given at the time of previous license
* Certificate or Plan of Food Safety Management System from accredited agencies in case of central licensing unit or an affidavit declaring for the compliance of GMP or schedule 4 requirements.
* The list of workers with their medical fitness certificates
* The Name, qualification and details of the technical personnel in charge of Operation (applicable for manufacturing or processing units only)