The Food Business Operators seeking a new license or looking to renew their existing license have to apply through application form B, so there is just one application form for either applying for a new license or to renew the existing license of a food business.
The procedure for obtaining a license:
1. Application for License shall be made in FORM B to the concerned central licensing authority or the state licensing authority, based on the eligibility criteria for the food business..(See – Regulation 2.1.2, Regulation 2.1.3 and Regulation2.1.7 of FSS ACT/RULES®ULATIONS)
2. The application shall be accompanied by a self attested declaration in the specified format declaring that he conforms/shall conform to the Food Safety and Standards Act,Regulations/Bye Laws and shall follow the guidelines on Hygiene and Sanitary Practices provided under Schedule – 4 of the Registration and Licensing Regulations, along with the requisite documents and requisite license fee.
3. The Authorities will carry out inspection of the food business.
4. The license shall be issued by the concerned licensing authority within a period of 60 days.
5. If from the date of making the completed application, a license is not issued within 60 days or the applicant has not received any intimation in this regard the applicant may commence his food business without waiting for further communication.
* The Food Business Operators who are applying for the renewal of the license have to apply atleast 30 days prior to the expiry date of the license
* The last date for registration of the existing food businesses under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 is ending on February 4, 2014 and for the new businesses, FBOs can continue apply for the registration but they shall only allowed to start their business operations once permitted from the concerned authorities.
Food Business Operators who are seeking conversion or renewal of their existing licenses/registrations can now do so before 4th February 2015.