- Through a notification dated 13 May 2019 the FSSAI has made some modifications in the existing FLRS for fortified food endorsement. It has suppressed the FSSAI order dated 13 April 2019 on the same and has decided on the following. The new order states that provision for the endorsement of Fortified Foods (+F) in FSSAI License through online Food Licensing and Registration System (FLRS) shall be made available to those FBOs that have an FSSAI License for a manufacturing or processing business in the following listed food categories.
Food Product Category – 01 (Dairy products and analogues, excluding products of food category 2.0)
Sub-category – 01.1 (Milk and Dairy based drinks)
Sub-category – 01.1.1 [Milk and Buttermilk (plain)]
Sub-category – 01.1.1.1[Milk plain]
Rice, Wheat Flour and Maida
Food Product Category – 06 Cereals and cereal products, derived form cereal grains, from roots and tubers, pulses, legumes and pith or soft core of palm tree, excluding bakery wares of food category 7.0
Sub-category – 06.1 Whole, broke or flaked grain, including rice
Sub-category – 06.2 Flours and Starches (including soya bean powder)
Sub-category – 06.2.1 Flours
Food Product Category -12 Salts, spices, soups, salads, protein products
Sub-category – 12.1.1 Salt (including edible common salt, iron fortified salt, iodized salt)
Food Product Category – 02 Fats and Oils and fat emulsions
Sub-category – 02.1 Fats and oils essentially free from water
Sub-category – 02.1.2 Vegetable oils and fats
- While making applications for endorsement of the fortified food in the FSSAI License. FBOs are also required to upload Commodity test reports (from FSSAI notified NABL labs) to substantiate the claim made for the fortification of the food.
- Endorsement Certificate of the Fortified Foods (+F) to valid FSSAI License will be auto-generated.
- The process-flow for the same is available on the FLRS Homepage (https://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/Index.aspx) – “User Manual for Endorsement of Fortified products.”
- FBOs who have already applied for the endorsement of the fortified products shall re-apply and also upload Commodity test report against each fortified product.
FSSAI has requested all Licensing Authorities to perform random checks on the fortified food products endorsement and intimate the concerned FBO, in case any anomaly is found during the scrutinization of the products.