Through an order dated 18 August 2020 the FSSAI has outlined the SOP for Food Business Operators for applying and processing of refund of erroneous/inadvertent payments credited into FSSAI Account in respect of license/registration fee – reg.
There have been several instances reported in the past wherein a Food Business Operator has submitted the fees for FSSAI License/Registration more than once erroneously through the payment mode available in FSSAI’s online licensing and registration portal (FLRS/FoSCoS). The FSSAI has therefore, decided to follow the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) as given below for applying and processing of refunds of erroneous/ inadvertent payment credited into the FSSAI Account in respect of license/registration fee.
- The refund request with application reference number and payment transaction details should be made within one year of the payment through the FSSAI’s online licensing and registration portal (Food Licensing and Registration System https://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in or Food Safety Compliance System https://foscos.fssai.gov.in). The request shall be sent to FSSAI HQ through email at [email protected]
- Regulatory Compliance Division (RCD) shall forward the case to IT Division for verification of the claim.
- After verification of the said online payment (with the claimed transaction details) by IT Division, FSSAI along with the facts of the case, the request shall be processed by the RCD as per Schedule 3 of the Food Safety and Standards (Licensing and Registrations of the Food Businesses) Regulations 2011.
- Accordingly, Accounts Division, FSSAI will be directed to process the refund of payment.
- The refund shall be sanctioned by the Competent Authority as per administrative structure and order of the State/ FSSAI
- Refunds of less than rs.100 may not be processed
In case of State Licenses and Registrations, the claims for refund of payment to FSSAI HQ shall be on the account of double payment or any other technical glitch while making payment through ‘RazorrPay’ payment gateway only. In case, the payments has been settled in the State/UT’s account by FSSAI HQ, for a particular date for which refund has to be given to the applicant, after processing of refund, FSSAI HQ shall settle the refund amount from future payment of the concerned State/UT. Refund of such extra payments for State Licenses/Registrations made through any other mode of State specific payment gateway other than ‘RazorPay’ shall only be made by the concerned State Authorities.
The fee paid by the applicant for successfully submitted application for license/registration shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
Source : FSSAI